Re: Big brackets/braces, how to draw in Dia?

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 02:42:22PM +0100, Martin Wichmann wrote:
Hi,

I want some big brackets (as in very tall { and } characters), can
anyone suggest a way to draw them easily?  It's basically a long line
with a collection of quarter circles attached so I guess I could do it
that way but it feels a bit clumsy.
It's difficult, but I used bezier curves for this. Add one from the
toolbar, and then add some segments by right clicking on the line. The
orange squares control the gradient of the curve. You can also change
the 'mode' or something of a control point by right clicking, but I'm
not sure what this exactly does. Just experiment a little...

I made one some time ago, but I can't find the file anymore. So I
created a 'quick and dirty' example for you (see attachment).

Thanks, that's somewhere to start from.

--
Chris Green