Re: Margins for A4 sheet

On 06/10/2014 10:59 PM, Chris Green wrote:
Well I for one have (more than once) said that I'd like it to be much
easier than it is at present to print diagrams on A4.

Surely the usual way most people thank about a 'picture of something'
is one that can be presented fairly sensibly on a sheet of paper.
Creating a huge diagram and printing bits of it seems an rather odd
way of going about things.

Also, the 'big diagram printed in separate bits' doesn't produce
something that's easy to bind into a document.  What one wants is
*separate*  diagrams with annotated interconnections, lines simply
going off the edge to somewhere on another page are not really very
helpful.
Yup, it's a user experience problem. I think fexibility is what developers had in mind, and I agree that a good program should allow for flexible workflows, and advanced features: but the defaults should be sensible, oriented towards common use-cases (one could argue what a common use case is, but that's not that hard to find out, with a poll or something)

Dima.