Re: New to Dia Diagram Editor

Kaushal,

I am not aware of any video presentations, but if you wanted to makes some that would be great!

I don't think you will find Dia very difficult to learn.  A little time spent looking at all the menus and toying with the functions will get you very far.  One nice hint is if you double click on the tools (line, bezier curve, and so on) a Properties dialog will pop up and the you can set the default characteristics for the tool.

I would say that by far the most questions come in regard to printing and printing bounds.  There are three things to note, the page breaks show the printed area (not the margin area).  If you draw over the page break lines then when printing Dia will segment the drawing at the page break line.  You can change the scale of the page in the Page Setup menu to better fit it to your drawing after it is competed.  You can shrink the margins there as well.  Zooming is just  visibility tool, it does not change the drawing itself.  You can hide page breaks by changing their color to the same as the background.

People use Dia for some rather interesting purposes.  If you are a programmer, you can write code based on your diagram.

Also, since this is open source software, the advancement of it depends on interested users like yourself.  You may want to be involved in development of Dia if you have the skill, and like it well enough.

If you have questions, ask here.

Mike