Re: Does everyone make large objects, or is it just how I am using Dia?

Thanks, Mike!

I actually didn't have any files or shapes to share because I was about to create some, but if I have other questions, can we add an attachment on the mailing list messages?

I've actually been working on figuring out why the shapes are coded the way they are. I copied some into my local shapes folder and couldn't figure out why my changes would not show up.  It took a lot of tweaking thinking it was not having extents on the svg part, whether line thickness were not being accepted because in some shapes they're stated with reals, other integers, and some not at all. It turns out there was something to do with the prefix on the name of the shapes.  I still couldn't state definitely what I had wrong. It will take some more testing to figure out how the sheet file finds the shapes (since I noticed this when I got a 'Duplicate Object" error after a couple of hours of confusion :-!).  (My file was still showing me the one I had copied even though I had created a new sheet and renamed the shape. Sheesh!)

Thanks for the double-click on the tools tip.  I read the whole manual before asking, but must have missed it.  Some let me change the Draw Background, Text Padding, Text Alignment, Font, Font Size, Flip Horz & Vert, and others just the Draw background and the Flips.  None in the BPMN Sheet let me change the default Lineweight.

I haven't really used Dia before trying to customize it though, and it wasn't until I had made my first shape that I learned everything is brought in at the same size anyway.  (It would be nice to learn we can change this with Python on insertion or something!)

So apparently, it is advice well taken that if I am rigid about font size or many other things, I might be in trouble!

I wonder if there is anymore information than the manual and the samples on how to avoid name conflicts and what's supposed to be in the online XML, and how the seemingly cryptic attachment points are measured. I'll get the points, but I don't know about the xmlns= part.

Thanks again,
   -- Dunn