Re: Dia pdf export problem (windows)

At 03.06.2014 17:42, Bastian Beekes wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have created some flowcharts in Dia (dia 0.97.2 - Windows 7 64 bit).
Now I want to export them to pdf. This is working alright if I use File
> Page Setup > Fit to... Problem is, Diagrams with different sizes all
get zoomed differently. My perfect scale would be 41, but when I use a
fixed scale instead of "Fit to", I just get a bunch of empty pages when
I export them to pdf.
Fit to not only adjusts the scale, but also the alignment to the origin (0.0, 0.0). So I expect there are not a buch of empty pages, but at maximum four pages with minimal content coming from your diagram. You should align your content with the origin and the visible page boundaries.

What "works" is if I draw a rectangle around the
whole page in dia and set the line color to white, so it is not
displayed. Still, the pdfs contain 3 empty pages and on the 4th page is
my flowchart.

The "empty" might contain text objects without text. If you select your flowchart and afterwards use Select/Invert you should be able to delete these invisible objects.

What can I do to correct that behaviour? It "seems" to be just because
of the Page setup...

If it just works with "Fit to" just align to the origin.

HTH,
        Hans