Can you call an export filter from pydia?

Hi -

I’d like to put together an action which would basically do this:
  1. Export current diagram to some format (e.g. SVG)
  2. Launch some external program to operate on the exported diagram
  3. Modify the current diagram based on the output of the external program
The net effect is that the user can run the external program on their diagram by selecting a menu item, have
the result pop up in their current diagram, and continue working without ever feeling like they left the Dia
session.

Most of this is pretty easy with PyDia, but I haven’t found a simple way to export the current diagram in
that API.  The Diagram class has a save() method that takes an optional name, but nothing I can see that
looks like an “export()” method that would take an export filter name.

Am I missing something obvious here?

Thanks.

Dan