Re: I wanted to know when is the next release? or is this no longer supported

From recent comments, I don't think a new release will be out for some time.  There is quite active support for it as you will learn if you follow this mailing list or investigate the archives.  Patches will come available as they are  made.

However, this is where the beauty of opensource comes in.  You don't have to wait if you are willing to try your hand at working with the code.

Many things about Dia are customizable - unlike Visio.

When you have crashes try to come with a celarly repreatable situation, and document it well so others can duplicate it.  This will speed support responses along.

Keep in mind that this is a volunteer effort.