Re: Problem with Layers in Dia version 0.97.2

FWIW, I did my test in integrated mode, and it worked fine - always has.

You might try toggling the layers display - Ctrl-L , Ctrl-L; Ctrl-L.  Since I cannot reproduce the problem I can't say for sure.

I guess if Andrey is right, then you could run it not in integrated mode (separate windows for the various items - tools, palettes, layers, and so on).

I have my Dia shortcut properties Target set as:

Target:  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dia\bin\diaw.exe" --integrated

But if you set it as:

Target:  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dia\bin\diaw.exe"

You get the separate windows.

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 6:38 PM, Andrey Repin <anrdaemon freemail ru> wrote:
Greetings, Gail Sturgess!

> I have downloaded and installed diaw.exe 0.97.2.  I’m not sure if this is
> the latest version, but certainly Layers doesn’t work properly in this
> version.  I can add a layer, but then I can’t ever get back to that layer.
> According to the manual when I click on the Layers menu, there should be a list of Layers, but there isn’t.

> Do I have the latest version?  If so, how can I work effectively with
> Layers please?  If not, can I please have the latest version.

There's a little issue with layers menu in 0.97.2.
Sometimes, new layers are not added to it in integrated mode.
You have to close and reopen it, if I recall correctly. Othervise, I haven't
had an issue.

--
WBR,
Andrey Repin (anrdaemon freemail ru) 12.12.2014, <02:37>

Sorry for my terrible english...