Problem with Layers in Dia version 0.97.2

Hi

I have downloaded and installed diaw.exe 0.97.2.  I’m not sure if this is the latest version, but certainly Layers doesn’t work properly in this version.  I can add a layer, but then I can’t ever get back to that layer.  According to the manual when I click on the Layers menu, there should be a list of Layers, but there isn’t.

Do I have the latest version?  If so, how can I work effectively with Layers please?  If not, can I please have the latest version.

Thanks

Gail Sturgess