re: insert a PDF map layer

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 5:23 PM, hugo borrell <hugoborrell gmail com> wrote:
> Thanks Michael, that could be an option, though I was expecting a more
> specific fonctionnality (like "use pdf as background" or something).

It would probably be possible to make a plug-in that does this. Such plug-ins are written in Python. Mostly likely, the plug-in would invoke a command line utility to convert the PDF to a jpeg or png image, then create a layer and load the image in to the layer.

I am not a Python coder, so not prepared to to do more than mention this possibility and that the Dia package comes with a few plug-ins written in Python that could help you make a plug-in.