Re: insert a pdf map layer

Dear Hugo,

Dia being a general tool, and one whose features are decided upon by the volunteers that work on it, it won't have features that the worker bee/developers have no particular use for.  Since there is no need to market it to a wider audience, and no one is working with great intent to gain a broader, more profitable market, you have to take an open source approach to getting features you want.

You can propose a new feature, making a case why that feature is desirable; keeping in mind that so far nobody involved in the development of Dia has felt it to be a necessary feature. If you make the case clearly and persuasively it is possible.

Or, given some programming skill on your part, you can write the code to add feature yourself.

Otherwise, you will have to manage as I do, and come up with workarounds using the currently available features.

Welcome to Dia, I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Mike