Re: Extending Dia

At 20.10.2013 08:53, naman.iitb wrote:
Hello

As a part of Course Project we need to extend dia by providing some extra
feature, may be a new UML Architecture feature which is not available or
enhancing currently present  features.

There is a long list of feature requests for Dia available via bugzilla, so called enhancement bugs, the following link filters them for UML:

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?short_desc=UML;bug_severity=enhancement;classification=Other;query_based_on=dia-enh-bugs;query_format=advanced;bug_status=UNCONFIRMED;bug_status=NEW;bug_status=ASSIGNED;bug_status=REOPENED;short_desc_type=substring;component=exports;component=general;component=import;component=objects;component=shapes;component=win32;product=dia;known_name=dia-enh-bugs

Can Someone please help in providing me such list.

There are some features I see missing for the next release, at least one of them UML related, i.e. making the UML Class dialog work without any handwritten UI code in objects/UML. The main file for this is https://git.gnome.org/browse/dia/tree/lib/prop_sdarray_widget.c

But before I put significant time in finding potentially interesting features for you, could you elaborate a bit more on the intended scope for your course tasks? Is it meant to be only UML related? What about the intended time frame? Exisiting experience?

Thanks,
        Hans