Need some clarifications

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am Nalini Thiyagarajan, working as a software developer in a company in Stuttgart. I need some clarifications regarding the Dia software. I hope it is open source & free even for commercial purpose.

Kindly clarify the following:

1. As far as I have seen its possible to import any diagrams (ER, BPMN, UML, graph or any diagrams) defined in specified file format. Is it right?

2. Does it support ER diagram generation from the database schema?

3. If I try to import a svg file, there was a broken image (with 'X' symbol in red colour) too. Is it displayed by default?

4. Is the tool available as an eclipse plugin?

5. Is there an API available to call the tool programmatically?.

Expecting your reply as soon as possible.