Lines intersections (proposal)

Hi,

I recently had to create a big diagram with a lot of blocks connecting to each others.
I tried my best to avoid line crossing, but in the end there were still many.

The problem is, when a line intersects with another one, it is impossible to differentiate them.

Since a picture is worth a thousand words, have a look at the following diagram:

http://i.imgur.com/jERTX.png

1. First, I've drawn a line between A and B.
2. Then, I drew a line between D and C.
3. Finally, I drew a line between F and E.

In the "Current" part, it is impossible to see if A is going to B, C or E for instance...
In the "Proposal" part, it is made more obvious.

Of course, I can do this manually, but then moving the lines and the blocks becomes very complicated, as each line has to be cut into three parts at least (two straight lines and one "bridge").

I looked in this mailing-list archives, and I found this discussion, back in 2004:
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2004-August/msg00086.html

Unfortunately, it seems no solution were found...

What do you think about this?

--
P.E.