Can-parent shape info and function

Hi,

I tried to make use of the new can-parent element submitted by Hans
Breuer in rev b27a03ffe36e94f1a492cf817e9d25d5f37f1040  .

I'd like to use this feature to create shapes for a workflow-kind-of
project LogHarvester, which is configured through XML. I'd use dia
together with XSL to allow graphical configuration for the workflow.

The important part is that I need shapes contained within shapes, kind of
like the UML package does allow other packages to be placed in it. This
is then represented in the sheet XML as

<dia:childnode parent="O*"/>

I'd like to avoid coding if possible and try to use the .shape XML first
and I found this recent addition of can-parent element in shape_info.c,
which I though was precisely what I need, but alas it doesn't work for
me. All I tried was adding the can-parent element to a copy of the
perfect square shape. All is fine except that it doesn't play the role
of the parent - ie, the can-parent element is ignored.

  <can-parent />

I have updated from GIT to the most recent version and I have checked
that the change b27a03ffe36e94f1a492cf817e9d25d5f37f1040 is indeed
included in the updated source. I have recompiled and run the new binary.

Is it possible I missed something or is this supposed to work at all?

Thanks, Rob