Shape export issue

Hi all,

I've been looking recently at creating some shapes/sheets for use with dia.  I've been using dia to create the shapes also.  In the course of that, I've noticed an oddity with the generated SVG for boxes with a corner radius (ie. a rounded rectangle).

The resulting shape's SVG includes some spurious lines from the points at which the corner radius starts.  The end result is a shape that looks like

After some manual tweaking of the SVG in the shape, it appears that
a) the stroke-width style is not effective for path elements in shape's SVG
b) the stroke style for path elements defaults to black

Am I doing something wrong here?
And if not, is anyone looking at this issue already?

Thanks,