Re: Drawing a circular flow

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 9:17 AM, Marshall Feldman <marsh uri edu> wrote:
Hello,

I'm new to Dia and have found it very useful. But I'm having one problem. I
want to draw an arc that starts and ends at the same node. I tried using the

You can do it if you connect it to something else. Example take a box
and you can illustrate a loop connecting an arc for example from the
right side of the rectangle to the top.

curved line connector and can almost make it into a circle, but when the end
of the line gets close to the original box, it seems to collapse on itself,
so instead of a circular flow it just looks garbled.

Weird. It works for me. Please specify your version and OS. Also
specify if you are using the arc primitive or an arc provided by a
symbol sheet.

In case you're wondering why I want this, think of a bank ledger for a
mortgage. Every month, the bank adds interest due to the balance of the
mortgage. If there's mortgage payment (a separate flow transaction), the
balance is reduced. But the original ledger entry starts and ends with the
bank.

I understand you want an arc to illustrate something looping into
itself. is this a flowchart that you are trying to do, is it some
specific notation? Can you provide an example on the Web on what you
are trying to accomplish?

--
Alejandro Imass

Thanks.