Re: Custom Extensions to new Shapes

On 09/19/2012 09:33 PM, Hans Breuer wrote:
At 17.09.2012 14:25, Dave Johnston wrote:
It would be great if the XML used to create shapes could be extended to
support a few other types.
I think most cases could be catered for if the following was available
(maybe it already is and I haven't seen it)

Tne suggested functionality would certainly but useful, I'm pondering
the idea to make more use of the Dia "StdProps" type system from
custom shapes for a while, but am not aware of any code written to
actually do that.

Hi all,

since we are at the wishing phase still, I submit here ideas I had while
working on the faceplates shapes:

  * allow the custom properties in shapes specify values as well
  * allow for hidden and/or read only properties (both overrideable)
  * sheet properties - my idea here was to have a data 'library' that
could be used by plugins - of course, that could mean rethinking what
sheets really are ...
  * grouping properties that could be used to put different groups to
their own tabs in the properties dialog

I looked into the stdprops and found out that there are MANY property
types, but only some of them are usable - it would be nice to have
usable types listed in the creating new shapes doc - there is IIRC only
vague mention of two types and nothing more. Fixing props like URL to
actually work as a widget would help too ;-)

Edheldil

P.S: since I have mentioned them ... any comments on
http://www.eowyn.cz/dia/Racks-Cisco_Routers_ASR_9000.zip ?
See http://www.eowyn.cz/dia/Racks-Cisco_Routers_ASR_9000.png for a
screenshot