Re: Compilation Problem (libintl.h)

At 06.09.2012 09:55, Kristoffer Robin Stokke wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to compile dia 0.97 on Redhat 5.8, x86_64, but get some
compiler errors...

I've tried to reproduce the issue, but everything works for me. I did not check under Redhat, though.
 > make[3]: Entering directory
`/ifi/bifrost/m00/krisrst/Downloads/dia-0.97/bindings'
Also I did not check building from a snapshot more than three years old. The naming of you directory make me assume, that you tried to build from dia-0.97.tar.bz2. The most recent version is dia-0.97.2.tar.xz from 2011-12-18.

Anyone can shed some light on this problem?

If your compilation problem is limited to the bindings subdirectory you could disable compiling it without loosing any of Dia's capabilities. The bindings directory just contains experimental stand-alone bindings.
Just remove 'bindings' from the root Makefile SUBDIRS key.

HTH,
        Hans