Re: For Windows platform: which Dia plugin or App to simplify design and documentation of small Database Applications ?

Le 28/10/2012 09:18, Edzo A. Botjes a écrit :
Hi All,

I have not followed this thread with great detail,
but for the question open-source light weigh database incl interface
Try sqlite (http://www.sqlite.org)
via a firefox plugin you can create and manage the database: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/sqlite-manager/ if the plugin does not work for you, here is the sqllite list they created themselfs: http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=ManagementTools

I used this for a few small projects, and works perfectly for that.

That's the name I forgotten while talking about "lightweight solutions" "libraries".

I don't know of current status, but a few years ago nor types nor foreign keys[1] were /on the goal/, so it was needed you to handle that in your appliance.

However, http://tedia2sql.tigris.org/ is a perl script (that page lists dependencies), and http://tedia2sql.tigris.org/usingtedia2sql.html seems giving a good enough tutorial to
author a convenient Dia file.

as stated here: http://annocpan.org/~AFF/Parse-Dia-SQL-0.23/lib/Parse/Dia/SQL.pm <http://annocpan.org/%7EAFF/Parse-Dia-SQL-0.23/lib/Parse/Dia/SQL.pm> It is (the tutorial) still available for parsediasql (debian: libparse-dia-sql-perl).

the last can generate statements for numerous databases, such as IBM DB2, Informix, Ingres, MySQL (InnoDB, MyISAM), Oracle, Postgres, SQLite version 3 ([1]/with foreign key support/, so it could be on for both now ;), Sas, Sybase.

see http://search.cpan.org/dist/Parse-Dia-SQL/

I searched, have been read the tutorial, writing also this : I'm awake since 10.15AM,
it is 11.11AM :)

I can author a Dia sample, then test it and send both diagram and result. I think it will took half an hour more (I'm puzzled by GUIs: I learned to read and write, not to draw)
:)

And, yes, things has changed since I used for dia2sql :)