Re: SADT H-V-H Activity flow

Once you have what you like you always copy and paste.  I sometime keep a separate Dia of shapes that I am reusing as I work or just have a congregation of them away from the area where I am working in the same Dia.

On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 10:27 AM, tamouse mailing lists <tamouse lists gmail com> wrote:
On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 11:18 PM, Alejandro Imass <aimass yabarana com> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 12:05 AM, tamouse mailing lists
> <tamouse lists gmail com> wrote:
>> I am just beginning to learn Dia, with the interest of making some
>
> What version? What OS?

Ah, sorry --
* Dia: 0.97.1
* GNU/Linux: Ubuntu 11.04

>> SADT/IDEF-0 diagrams. I have loaded the shape sheet SADT, but I only
>> see on kind of activity flow: Vertical-Horizontal-Vertical. How do I
>> make the Horizontal-Vertical-Horizontal flow arrow that will be like
>> the VHV arrow? I read about deleting/adding segments, but then I can't
>> figure out how to make HVH shape work like the VHV shape (greying the
>> shape and arrow head) nor can I make sense of trying to get that new
>> HVH shape actually saved in the SADT sheet.
>>

> 1) Take the flow arrow and connect it where you want it. For example
> from activity box 1 lower right connection point to activity box 2
> upper left connection port. The arrow will be pointing downwards and
> you will have one segment with a yellow square and the two end should
> be connected by showing red squares.
>
> 2) Drag the current segment upwards by clicking on the yellow square
> until it passes the top of activity box 2 (which in IDEF0 will usually
> be bellow box 1). Now right click on the vertical part of the line
> that is sticking out of box 2 and select add segment. A new yellow box
> should appear on that vertical line, and the line should turn black
> because it's now a horizontal flow.
>
> 3) Click on this new yellow box and drag it to the left. The new
> segment will grow to the left and the arrow should now point correctly
> to the right. To change the flow style double click on the line to
> open it's properties. Don't know too much about IDEF but AFAIK
> horizontal flows should always be black, and the only option (at least
> in DIA's SADT/IDEF0) is to grey the vertical ones, but if you want you
> can force grey the whole line by changing it's colour in the object's
> properties.
>
> Best,
>
> --
> Alejandro Imass

Ok, I can understand that -- The only thing is I think it's a bit of a
pain to have to do that for every horizontal flow....

I'm also going to be interested in how I'm going to have to do recycle flows...

Put this question to yourself: should I use everyone else to attain happiness, or should I help others gain happiness?
Dalai Lama

Thomas A. Edison

Warren Buffet

Michael E. Ross