Re: SADT H-V-H Activity flow

On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 11:18 PM, Alejandro Imass <aimass yabarana com> wrote:
On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 12:05 AM, tamouse mailing lists
<tamouse lists gmail com> wrote:
I am just beginning to learn Dia, with the interest of making some

What version? What OS?

Ah, sorry --
* Dia: 0.97.1
* GNU/Linux: Ubuntu 11.04

SADT/IDEF-0 diagrams. I have loaded the shape sheet SADT, but I only
see on kind of activity flow: Vertical-Horizontal-Vertical. How do I
make the Horizontal-Vertical-Horizontal flow arrow that will be like
the VHV arrow? I read about deleting/adding segments, but then I can't
figure out how to make HVH shape work like the VHV shape (greying the
shape and arrow head) nor can I make sense of trying to get that new
HVH shape actually saved in the SADT sheet.

1) Take the flow arrow and connect it where you want it. For example
from activity box 1 lower right connection point to activity box 2
upper left connection port. The arrow will be pointing downwards and
you will have one segment with a yellow square and the two end should
be connected by showing red squares.

2) Drag the current segment upwards by clicking on the yellow square
until it passes the top of activity box 2 (which in IDEF0 will usually
be bellow box 1). Now right click on the vertical part of the line
that is sticking out of box 2 and select add segment. A new yellow box
should appear on that vertical line, and the line should turn black
because it's now a horizontal flow.

3) Click on this new yellow box and drag it to the left. The new
segment will grow to the left and the arrow should now point correctly
to the right. To change the flow style double click on the line to
open it's properties. Don't know too much about IDEF but AFAIK
horizontal flows should always be black, and the only option (at least
in DIA's SADT/IDEF0) is to grey the vertical ones, but if you want you
can force grey the whole line by changing it's colour in the object's
properties.

Best,

--
Alejandro Imass