From: Hans Breuer <hans breuer org>
Sender: dia-list-bounces gnome orgDate: Sat, 12 May 2012 00:38:29
To: <dia-list gnome org>
Subject: Re: Dia for programming

At 09.05.2012 09:36, k p wrote:
I use DIA mainly for my programming, which is mainly in assembler.

I just wonder if the following would be possible by using Python in DIA ?

I dont quite get the model you have in mind, but it is certainly possible
to do diagram to source code transformations with PyDia. See for example:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/dia/tree/plug-ins/python/codegen.py

I would like to have it, so, there are essentially 2 identical layers, with
one layer being the pseudo description (and flow diagram) and a second
layer being where I enter the source code.
Like in a text editor? And you want to overlay the source code with the
diagram?

I would then generate the complete source code from the source layer.

Any logical flow change would result in a change the source layer.
A Dia Python plug-in can listen on object creation and removal. But it can
not listen on any "logical flow change".

My current thoughts are that with every shape added, it will automatically
add one on each layer and then I would just need a way to click on each
shape to send it to the background.
Now you have finally lost me ;)

A menu button to send all pseudo or source layers to the for/background
could be done a well.