Re: swapping shapes

On 09/06/2012 08:47, vwf wrote:
I installed the Ubuntu packages from the download site but there is a
naming problem with libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0, and libpython2.7 is not
available on Debian stable
You can "pin" your debian on Wheezy for Dia, but expect a lot of unattended upgrades
or, at option add Wheezy as "source"

in /etc/apt/sources.list
deb-src http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main [contrib] [non-free]

 -> fr mirror, see mirrors page for your nearest
then simply
# aptitude update
# apt-get install build-essentials
# apt-get build-dep dia
# apt-get source dia
# cd dia_* && dpkg-buildpackage -r fakeroot

In most case this will fit your current debian version for any package, for exception the ones needs for new libraries didn't packed yet in your current version. Build dependencies are less restrictive on versions.

As a result, I do not have Python with my Dia

As I can see, Python interpreter is a Dia built-in in Wheezy, while I didn't make tests.

HTH,
TH