Re: swapping shapes

On 06/09/2012 08:47 AM, vwf wrote:
On Fri, Jun 08, 2012 at 07:23:52PM +0200, Tomas Pospisek wrote:
On Fri, 8 Jun 2012 11:07:28 +0200, vwf <vwf vulkor net> wrote:

I have a series of shapes that are identical except for the image. Now I
would like to be able to swap one shape for another one on the canvas.

There might be more intelligent solutions than the one I propose: you
could write a python script that plugs in a command that lets you swap
the current shape for another.
I thought about this. There are two problems:

1 Python for dia documentation is sparse.

Where do I install scripts?

in ~/.dia/python or /usr/share/dia/python
How do I execute them from within Dia?
The scripts hook to the menus, so from there. E.g. "All objects" script
can be found in <Toolbox>->Help

I compiled 0.97.2 from source but the confuration reported no
Python support
make sure you have python-dev package installed before configuring/building

Edheldil