Re: Enquiry diaw.exe for commercial using

There is no restriction in GPL against sales ! What is an obligation is to provide source code together or offer it with no extra cost except hard-copy/shipping costs to who has buy GPL software.

So, to be honest, as they didn't done any authoring, would be the answer "this is GPL'ed, has free download repositories for sources, severale unices, msWindows...

What service could be "charged" by an extra company in case of Dia would be quality printed manuals, a source survey and "user" hotline <=> bug report service (preferably with patches), new ports, improvements, or features developpement (shapes, ...). Ideally such a company would gave back devel to Dia mainline (according fact Dia is GPL, any of its customer would be able to do so)...

TH.