Re: How to fill shape bodies with texture effects?

Thanks a lot!
I will try to manipulate Inkscape to have fun, coordinating it with Dia.

2012/7/17 Michael Ross <michael e ross gmail com>
To the extent that you can work images of texture into your own custom shapes you can do this. An image is easily expanded and contracted. but it is basically rectangular.  You might develop some things in Inkscape, another nice freeware program, and then import them into Dia.

You can develop a shape as a group of objects and use copy and paste to reproduce it.  Not the same as a shape from one of the sheets.

Take a look at the set of shapes called Cisco - Misc, these the most elaborate I have seen.  Very detailed.

I believe that gradients may be nearing introduction, but i am not a developer.