Re: making objects

I keep a sheet of grouped objects that I copy and paste.  Ctrl-C then Ctrl-V is easy as anything.  I call up my Dia of useful objects and keep it available as a tab at the top of the page.  Easier than finding the particular sheet among the many.

I never had much patience for the making of shapes for the palette.  Mostly I work on the same size paper (landscape letter) so I generally can reuse them without much effort.