Dia 0.97.2 Installer Hang-up

The installer gets hung every time I install the "dia-setup-0.97.2-2-unsigned.exe" file on my PC with Windows XP.  I have no problem with it on my laptop that has Vista.  I have removed and installed Python and reinstalled the 0.97.2 version but it still gets hung-up.  What can I do to get the latest version on my PC?  It does have Visio 2003 and Smart Draw 7 demo installed on it - does that conflict?

Thanks,

--
Tom Holmwood, P.Eng.
tdholmwood gmail com