From: Fred Teeboom <fredtee comcast net>
To: 'Thomas Harding' <tom thomas-harding name>; 'discussions about usage and development of dia' <dia-list gnome org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2012 3:54:29 PM
Subject: A rip-off is a rip-off !!!!!!

A rip-off is a rip-poff !!!!!

âThis could be a good stuff for this month's 1sth...â

You need to clean up your English typing, before you widely publish it in a USERâs FORUM.

The gist of what I read is, that to obtain what I need I should read the source code and develop my own version?

Huh????   I have a Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering, with a minor in Computer Science, but I would not even begin to waste a minute to unravel the spaghetti code typical of Open Source Freeware.

What you should feature in your FORUM is: âIf a vendor charges $14.00 for Freeware, not his own, on EBay, should he declare under the Product Description that this software is available free of charge, including the User Manual, for a couple of minutes of download time? No need to wait a week for a CDROM to arrive from England.  And that the free download is a later version than the $14.00 version sent on a CDROM via USPS sneaker  mail?

Then there is the deception that Dia is a âsimperâ version of VISIO?  I downloaded a 60-day free trial of 2010 VISIO and I can tell you without reservation, Dia it is not even close!

A rip-off is a rip-off !!!!!!

Fred teeboom
Nashua, NH