Re: Problems in python importing dia

At 21.09.2011 12:00, Ottavio Campana wrote:
Hi everybody

I am trying to write a plugin in python for dia to export my data. I
already wrote three others plugins which worked fine in Debian 5, but
now in my new environment (Debian testing) I fail at the very first step.

ottavio magritte:/tmp$ python
Python 2.6.7 (r267:88850, Jul 10 2011, 08:11:54)
[GCC 4.6.1] on linux2
import dia
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in<module>
ImportError: No module named dia

If this has ever worked for you before, it would only be with the extra bindings, which are not installable by standard Dia code.
See: http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2007-March/msg00092.html

Have you ever seen this problem? Is still importing dia the way to
interact with newer versions of dia?

Yes, but only for plug-ins. Nothing changed here.

Can you please give me a hint?

Sure. Let Dia run you plug-ins.