dynamic grid and zoom

I use dynamic grid and am quite happy with it except for one problem.

When I zoom from say 200% to 400%, I had expected that the grid would be
exactly twice as fine.  So if vertex of the diagram lies on a grid point
at zoom 200% it would still like on a grid point at %400.

But this does not always happen.  It does seem that a grid point at 200%
will still be a grid point at 566% (one zoom step above %400).

Is there a setting I have wrong?

thanks in advance and thanks for dia, which I much enjoy using.

allan