Re: Additional Shapes

Hi Basile,

On 05/20/2011 08:10 PM, Panoutsopoulos, Basile (Computer Electronics and Graphics Tech) wrote:
I install them in a laptop that is not connected on the internet. Dia install fine. The additional shapes
gives the error message. Is this a problem?
Yes. Diashapes requires an internet connection, because it is simply a tool to download and install shapes from the internet (Dia Shape Repository). I should add this to the requirements on the Diashapes page. Sorry for not being clear here.
Without an internet connection you can still download the zip files from

http://dia-installer.de/shapes/index.html

unzip then and copy the contents to your Dia installation directory or your .dia folder (notice the dot
in front). On Windows XP, you'll most probably find the .dia folder under
c:\Documents and Settings\<username>\.dia
Where <username> is your username and Documents and Settings might have a different name
if your operating system is not English.
Note that sheets have to go in the sheets folder and shapes in the shapes folder.

The specific message I can send it to you tomorrow.
There's no need for this. Diashapes will not work without internet connection.
1. I created a sheet combining other sheets. I want to copy it and move it to another computer. But where is
this sheet shaved?
They're saved in the sheets folder of your .dia folder and you should also save them in the .dia folder of the other computer.

Superscripts and subscripts, along with rotation is not a luxury but a necessity.
These have been requested many times. I guess that you're aware of
http://dia-installer.de/doc/rotation.html.en already.
I use Dia for preparation of schematics (electronic circuits mostly) for presentations and I strongly suggest
it to students.
Thanks for promoting Dia!

Regards,

Steffen