starting with scripting on Mac

Hello, Dia list.

I just downloaded Dia for Mac from http://dia-installer.de/ and it launches and runs fine, since I have X
installed.  However, I cannot see any menu items related to Python scripting, despite how much I can find
about it on the web.  I looked under File > Plugins, but there was no Python plugin listed.  I feel rather
stupid that I can't even take the first step towards scripting Dia...but I can't even find any UI elements
related to scripting!  Can anyone help me out or point me to the tutorial that I couldn't seem to find by
Googling?  Thanks!

Nathan Carter
Mathematical Sciences Department
Bentley University