dashed lines not printing?

Hello, my name is Matt and am currently a student at UCD.
I decided to try out your program for making ER diagrams for database design, and had a quick question for you if you don't mind. When I select the line style as a dashed line, it appears correctly in the program, but once printed (printer or PDF file) the dashed line prints as if its really long dashes (such as the default). I tried closing and re-opening with no changes. Do you know what the matter is? Or is this a common bug? Thank you for your time.
-Matt