DIA gets language settings wrong on Windows

Hello all,

I have been having some trouble getting DIA to work in the language
that I want (English). Sure I could just remove the language files and
have it default to English, but considering that my language is set to
English, it shouldn't be necessary.

So, I investigated a bit. As it happens, there are two settings on
Windows XP that are located side by side: "standards and formats" and
"languages for non-unicode programs". The fist is about how you choose
to display numbers and currency and all and the second is about
languages. As it turns out, the first is used by DIA to pick the
language to use.

Now, I do not know about Dia and unicodeness, but I think it would
make a lot more sense to define the language to be used based on a
setting about languages rather than on one that defines how the user
has chosen to display numbers!

Thanks,

Jasper Horn