Re: Adding a New Diagram type

Dia is a general tool and there is enough native function for you to make a good looking electrical schematic.  You need to get all the symbol/shape sheets installed.  (You are going to want Electric, Electric 1, Circuit, and Circuit 1 for starters).  You would draw wires primarily with the zigzag lines.  Symbol that are not available in the pre-existing sheets you would construct, group and copy yourself.

There is too much more that can be said for a short answer.   After you experiment a bit, you can ask more specific questions.  Or if installation doesn't go well... etc.