Re: Specialized rendering (was Re: Feature request)

Hi Hans,

first of all, thanks for your support!

Not sure if I understand, but sounds like part of this could be possible
with some recent and not so recent additions. With
http://git.gnome.org/browse/dia/commit/?id=3cf5a40
it is possible to interweave meta information from the object level with
drawing information.

Those draw methods could exactly be used to do what I'm looking for! The Python SVG exporter is pretty nice, I think that's a great base to start with.

There also is a meta info property editor for most objects
(unfortunately not yet for complex objects - e.g. UML-Class - which
bring their own property editing. See:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/dia/tree/NEWS?id=3cf5a40#n5

Maybe I'm blind or dumb (or both), but where do I find that property editor? I tried to get it with UML and non-UML elements but I cannot find it.

What's the element identifier? If you refer to e.g. the name property of
the UML-Class object, than the above may work. But if you are refering
to the id used in the diagram file, please read:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2009-December/msg00007.html

With "element identifier" I just mean a meta info that's given by the diagram designer to an element. It does not have to be unique. For I want to do, I must be able to assign identifiers to all elements.

Ok, after looking at the imgmap and SVG exporter examples, I think that I can implement the needed functionality myself if there's already some possibility to assign names (or other meta info) to elements.

Max

--
All those, who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.