Re: Is it possible to force a 'grab' rather than a resize for small objects?

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 4:50 PM,  <dia-list-request gnome org> wrote:
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 21:50:08 +0000
From: Chris G <cl isbd net>

The 'use' case is in circuit diagrams where I much prefer the use of
little arcs to indicate that wires are not connected when crossing
rather than the convention that crossing wires are not connected and T
wires are connected.  Thus I need quite a lot of 'little arcs' and often
need to move them around extensively.  They also need to be a lot
smaller than the other circuit symbols.

Are you familier with creating new shapes?

Seems to me that creating a shape for this arc would acheive what you
are asking for. (You might need to create 2 versions of the shape, one
vertically oriented and the other horizontal.) Even a tiny shape
object is probably easier to grab than the arcs you have been drawing.