Re: Is it possible to force a 'grab' rather than a resize for small objects?

At 09.02.2011 13:25, Chris G wrote:
On Wed, Feb 09, 2011 at 04:00:19AM -0800, Octavio Alvarez wrote:
On Wed, 09 Feb 2011 03:23:32 -0800, Chris G<cl isbd net>  wrote:

On Fri, Feb 04, 2011 at 03:21:01PM +0000, Chris G wrote:
I have some small arc objects on some of my diagrams and they're very
difficult to move as it's nearly impossible not to hit one of the resize
end/mid points.  Is there any way one can force a move rather than a
resize?

No answers to this?

Have you tried zooming in using Ctrl+Wheel to make it easier?

That would be have me my answer, too ...
That's one possibility, yes,but everything else is a 'sensible' size
... but I thought it was too obvious that you ask about it.
I still don't get the use case of your request though. How do you position the arcs if the only thing cou can see are it's handles?

when un-zoomed and I'd often want to move the little arcs off the edge
of the zoomed view.  It would make moving them a bit of a laborious
process, zoom in, grab object, move it,
Having wildly different sized objects is tedious, yes. Feels like you are getting what you asked for ;)

find I can't move it far enough,  zoom out, etc.
Are you aware that you can move further than the visible area and Dia scrolls the view accordingly?

It feels like there could be something like CTRL+click which forces a
grab.

Just adding more modifiers to the already complex combinations does not sound like a viable option to me. As mentioned above I'm still not sure if I completely got the use case. But also I have doubts if you completely evaluated exisiting options for selection - you do not need to 'grab' an object to move it, you can move objects by cursor keys, ...

It may also help, that handles in a group of selected objects are not any longer resizing the objects when grabbed. Instead the whole selection is moving.