Re: Adding new shapes

Greetings, Graham Nilsen!

I am a school physics teacher and want to be able to draw circuit
diagrams with all the symbols drawn to a standardised scale.
I am trying to create new circuit diagram symbols to add to the circuit
sheet. I draw a symbol in Dia, making it 32mm long and setting the line
thickness to be 0.5mm. I export it  as a .shape file, then use the
Sheets and Objects menu to add the shape to the circuits sheet. When I
then use the circuits sheet to draw the symbol on the canvas, it comes
out a different size (8cm long) and with a different line thickness (2mm).
Am I doing something wrong?

Yes, you're using Dia to draw your shapes.
Use notepad. If you don't have better text editor.

Is there a way of stopping the size and line
thickness from changing?

They are not changing, they are scaling according to your diagram preferences.
You can't set absolute shape dimensions in shape file. Dia just does not work
this way. The shape only define relative dimensions of itself, and could
*suggest* default size. (The <default-width> tag.)

--
WBR,
Andrey Repin (anrdaemon freemail ru) 26.12.2011, <02:25>

Sorry for my terrible english...