Re: Agree on a a master FAQ location

At 16.09.2010 20:16, Steffen Macke wrote:
Hi,

back in August 2009, there was a discussion regarding the possibility to
maintain only one of the two websites http://projects.gnome.org/dia/ and
http://live.gnome.org/Dia that was never finally concluded.
I also would prefer to have a maintained website, but I still do not buy the wiki concept (for Dia's website). My last comment on that issue still had no effect. [1] So the so called obsolete website is still more current regarding the last release for about 200 days. [2]

"""
At 13.08.2010 19:04, Hans Breuer wrote:
[...]
> - Doing a bug-fix only release is usually faster [3], but it
> may take equally long to even mention that update on Dia's
> wiki home page [4]

[...]
> [3] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2010-January/msg00013.html
> [4] http://live.gnome.org/Dia
"""

> While I would prefer to have only one website, I don't see
this as critical. But maintaining two copies of the FAQ is really strange.
Could we agree on one FAQ location and refer to it/copy from it?

Which one do you prefer? How would the synchroniztion work? And who would be responsible to update the other one?

One idea would be to drop the wiki experiment, but I also would not have a problem dropping dia/faq.src from git and redirect faq.html to http://live.gnome.org/Dia/Faq

Regards,
        Hans

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2010-August/msg00061.html