=?us-ascii?Q?Re=3A=20dia=200=2E97=2E1=20does=20not=20accepts=20argument=20with=20iso8859=2D2=20via=20command=20line?=

Hi Steffen,

I was very busy in past time, so I couldn't response sooner. Meanwhile
I tried some tests on FreeBSD 8.1. I tried some other applications
(gvim, gv, xpdf, gimp, xdvi) which are capable to run from CLI with
filename as input argument. All of they run correctly with localized
filenames.

I downgrade from Dia 0.97.1 to Dia 0.97. Dia 0.97 runs perfectly
without any error and converting was successful. So I suppose
something wrong must be in a new version 0.97.1.

I was unable to reproduce your problem on Linux.
Do you have some hints how to get started with Dia on FreeBSD 8.1?

Start with Dia on FreeBSD is very easy. It suffices only to install
Dia as superuser, e.g.
# pkg_add -r dia

But if you are not familiar with BSD unixes, it is not so easy to
install FreeBSD, because it differs from Linux in various ways.

Best start with FreeBSD is FreeBSD handbook:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/

Installing FreeBSD:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install.html

Localization FreeBSD:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/l10n.html

* Could you try using a UTF-8 locale?

I tried Dia with UTF-8 under virtualized PC-BSD (it is like Ubuntu in
Linux world) which uses UTF-8 locale. It seems Dia works correctly
with UTF-8.

But I have some serious reasons why I avoid using of UTF-8 on my
FreeBSD.

* Is the locale you're trying to use installed on the system? Could you
try something like
E.g. I had to use something like
sudo locale-gen cs_CZ.ISO8859-2
once (this was a gettext-related problem, though)

I am sure I have right locale setting on my FreeBSD. I setted this
accordance with FreeBSD handbook and I use it long time without any
system problems on different computers with various FreeBSD versions.

* Pass URI-style filenames

I don't know exactly right syntax of URI filenames. Could you give me an
example of URI-style name for Dia, e.g. for my examples of filenames
above? I will try it with Dia.

In PERL, e.g. url_escape() does the job. In PHP the function is called
urlencode().
Use the file:// prefix.

I tried Perl function uri_escape to encode filename for Dia's
arguments. But Dia gets segmentation fault even I tried filenames with
non-localized characters. I used it in this form:

$ dia -t eps file://diagram.dia
Segmentation fault: 11

Best regards,
Karel