Dia to MediaWiki 1.16

Dear Wizards,

first of all Thank You for a wonderful flowcharter on the basis of the Open Source idea. We are currently working with MediaWiki and looked into an extension for Dia in that regard. We found http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Dia as a possibility to display .dia in MediaWiki. Wouldn't it be great to have flowcharts integrated into MediaWiki 1.16 as a tool to click on the .dia chart in MediaWiki, Dia opens up, you can make your changes, and by clicking on Save or "Publish to Wiki", it is put back into MediaWiki (Thanks to Steffen for a first brief exchange of ideas)? As far as I know, Wiki extensions are programmed in PHP, is that correct? Alas, I am not really able to do any coding, but we could set up a wiki and test everything and provide access to such an environment. As I lack the programming skills, I am more than willing to contribute with a donation to the project as much as I possible can.

As flowcharts are widely used in Wikipedia, my humble opinion is that not only Dia would profit from such an approach, but the wiki-community might find this a great opportunity to discuss and become involved.

Thank you
mark