Re: DiaRenderScript plug-in (was Re: applying custom styles )

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 7:00 AM,  <dia-list-request gnome org> wrote:
Message: 2
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 21:58:14 +0100
From: Hans Breuer <hans breuer org>

At 11.11.2010 15:39, niklas | brueckenschlaeger wrote:
    and the rendering information,
    which is exactly what I need, but the DTD doesn't say anything about
    properties / attributes. Is that valid?
This is boon and bane of how property serialization implmentation is no
central management of property details, but every object plug-in can extend
the format specification with it's needs.
Manually maintaining a DTD does not look reasonable to me and up until now
I never got around to autonmatically generate is with a dedicated plug-in.
Yeah, intentionally. The format is not finalized or released so the DTD
will change without notice or compatibility concerns.

Is there some reason a DTD is needed? I do recall that the W3C SVG
working group decided to not issue a DTD for SVG. As I recall, their
reasoning can be summarised as "the DTD would be extremely complex".
As far as I know, SVG gets along quite well without a DTD.