Help regarding re-editing in DIA

Hi all..

I have just started using DIA, its a great software for making Diagrams.
The problem I am facing right now is when I save a Dia File (in
.dia format), and when I reopen it, I am not able to edit it
again.. I have also seen the FAQs on the site but none really
helped. Please let me know how can I edit again my saved DIA file so that I can add more
contents to it.

Thanks

Hina.

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.