Re: [UI] Sheets and Objects dialog

I too would like to vote in favor of having both a "Favorites" sheet and
the ability to make custom sheet, and to customize generic sheets.

My use includes "Electronics" which is made up from Circuit and Circuit-2
sheet elements, "Hydraulics" which is 100% my own elements, "Mechanical"
which is mostly welding & fabrication symbols of my own design, and
"Landscaping" which contains a number of custom symbols & a few symbols
from other sheets.

I have made custom sheets for "PCB Layout" and "Carpentry", but these are
currently under development and are nowhere near finalized.

Scaling of custom symbols has always frustrated me, but with learning more
about UML, I may have found ways to overcome that issue.

As mentioned earlier, ability to do rotation of symbols would be a great
addition to dia capability.

The company that wishes to incorporate non-GPL'ed work with dia raises
some interesting questions & issues.  Further study may be needed to insure
that the mixture of GPL'ed and non-GPL'ed does no harm to either entity.

Arv
_._