Re: complex svg workaround

Sorry... bit of a lack of testing, new version attached

cheers

--- On Fri, 8/1/10, KillBoy PowerHed <killboy_powerhed yahoo com au> wrote:

From: KillBoy PowerHed <killboy_powerhed yahoo com au>
Subject: complex svg workaround
To: dia-list gnome org
Hi all,

I've been using Dia for some time and I'm really happy with
it, great work guys. Recently I needed my diagrams to look a
little more modern to compete with visio so I created a few
svg's. They ended up being too complex for Dia to handle so
I switched to using the image object. The output was ok but
having to always insert the images got tiresome, so I
exported my image object to a shape - but then it didn't
have any connectors...

In the end I've come up with a script to generate my shapes
directly from the image file. I add the shapes to a custom
sheet, create my diagram then export as an image to use
wherever. There is a major limitation which is that the Dia
diagram is not portable but it works for my needs.

Please let me know if there's a better way to do this,
otherwise feel free to use the attached script ( requires
ImageMagick )

cheers

killboy