Dia escapes LaTeX in PGF Export

Hello,

unfortunately I was very disappointed of a lack, when exporting Dia document to LaTeX + PGF:

Any text containing special charactes, which are needed for LaTeX, will be escaped by the PGF-Export Plug-In.

When typing: $ x $ The exporter saves \$ x \$ to the .tex-file.
But now, LaTeX will render the Dollar Sign '$' instead of switching in math mode.

This is veeeery sad, due to the great ability of exporting to LaTeX - PGF. This is a very missing feature and
there should be a possibilty to disable this.

I would be very glad, if there is a solution or workaround.
I would not like to edit manually the .tex-file every time, I export the file again after some Edits

Thank you very much!
cheers