Re: Text Highlight color

On May 27, 2009, at 9:01 PM, Jim Clark wrote:

I use a pale yellow text for my default text on my diamond decision boxes. When I highlight that text, the yellow highlighting makes my text invisible. Is there some way to change that default color?

Only by recompiling. It is currently a constant, but should probably be a preferences setting.

And, while I'm writing. I cannot seem to understand how the text and its containing box get grouped. Sometimes they seem grouped automatically. Sometimes I have to group them, sometimes not, and I sure don't know what I'm doing differently. And then, when I try to ungroup, ungroup is greyed out. I click a couple of times and eventually I can do so.

In the old Dia, text was always grouped with its container. Can I do something to get that back?

It's a question of which object you're using. For instance, the first four shapes of the Assorted sheet come with built-in text and resize to fit, whereas the standard shapes don't have text. It has never been the same throughout (at least not since 2000).

-Lars